140th Wing Legal Office Services
Published March 15, 2013
During drill weekends, ANG members are entitled to legal assistance regarding mission-readiness legal issues. The following is a list of legal matters that 140 WG/JA can assist with during a scheduled legal assistance appointment:
* Powers of Attorney
* Living wills (directives to physicians)
* Notary services
* Dependent care plans*
* Employment problems arising from the performance of military duty
* Landlord-tenant problems specifically related to deployment
* Tax problems specifically related to deployment
* Matters arising from the performance of military duty and subject to the Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act (SSCRA) or a similar state statute.
Unfortunately, we are not able to advise members regarding personal commercial enterprises and criminal matters.
The 140 WG/JA office has designated legal assistance hours between 0900 and 1100 during UTA weekends. We are located in the 140 WG Headquarters Building (701) on the second floor above from the dining facility.