Chief Master Sergeant Edward Hauschild is the Command Chief for the 140th Wing, Buckley Air Force Base, Aurora, Colorado. As the Command Chief, he advises the wing commander on matters impacting the enlisted force such as proper utilization of personnel, quality of enlisted leadership, management/supervisor training, operations tempo and quality of life. Further, Chief Hauschild is responsible for monitoring compliance with Air National Guard and Air Force standards including those standards governing conduct, performance, appearance, and professional military education. He serves on advisory councils and works to insure a close relationship with the local community. Chief Hauschild maintains as liaison between the wing commander and enlisted force and staff members, and communicates with the wing commander on issues, concerns, and morale of the enlisted force. Also, Chief Hauschild serves as the functional manager for assigned 140th Wing First Sergeants and performs other duties as outlined and directed by the 140th Wing Commander.
Chief Hauschild enlisted in the United States Air Force in April 1991 as a Munitions Systems Specialist. He graduated Basic Military Training and attended the Munitions Systems Specialist course at Lowery Air Force Base, Colorado. He served 9 years on active duty while stationed at four different Air Force Bases and then joined the Colorado Air National Guard in 2000. He later served as the 140th Munitions Superintendent where he helped create a highly effective team in the Colorado Air National Guard and the Air Guard community. He would eventually serve as the 140th Equipment Maintenance Superintendent and the 140th Maintenance Group Superintendent where he advised commanders on all matters concerning the health, morale, and welfare of 435 airmen. Chief Hauschild has also participated in support of deployments including Operations NOBLE EAGLE, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM as well as Theater Security Packages in PACAF and European Deterrence Initiatives where he served in numerous leadership roles. Prior to his current position, Chief Hauschild was assigned as the 140th Mission Support Group Superintendent, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado.
1996 Airman Leadership Course, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
1998 Associate’s degree in Applied Science Munitions Systems, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Bachelor of Business in Computer Information Systems, Metro State University, Colo.
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Chief’s Executive Course, Air National Guard Readiness Center, JB Andrews, Md.
2017 Chief’s Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- August 1991 – December 1992, Conventional & Storage member, 7th MUNS Squadron, Carswell AFB, Texas
- December 1992 – August 1994, Storage crewmember, 319th Maintenance Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
- August 1994 – May 1997, Line Delivery & Controller, 28th Munitions Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
- May 1997 – April 2000, Conventional NCOIC, 366th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
- June 2000 – January 2007, Munitions Systems Craftsman, 140th Maintenance Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- January 2007 – January 2010, Quality Assurance Inspector, 140th Maintenance Group, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- January 2010 – October 2014, Munitions Superintendent, 140th Maintenance Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- October 2014 – June 2016, Maintenance Superintendent, 140th Maintenance Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- June 2016 – May 2017, Quality Assurance Superintendent, 140th Maintenance Group, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- May 2017 – September 2019, Group Superintendent, 140th Maintenance Group, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- September 2019 – June 2021, Group Superintendent, 140th Mission Support Group, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- June 2021 – Present, Wing Command Chief, 140WG, Buckley AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Colorado Commendation Medal
Colorado Achievement Ribbon
Colorado Active Service Medal with two devices
Colorado Long Service Medal
Colorado State Emergency Service Ribbon
Colorado Foreign Deployment Service Ribbon with four devices
Louisiana Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic April 11, 1991
Airman Oct. 1, 1991
Airman First Class Aug. 11, 1992
Senior Airman April 11, 1994
Staff Sergeant Sept. 18, 1997
Technical Sergeant Feb. 10, 2002
Master Sergeant June 18, 2007
Senior Master Sergeant Jan. 10, 2010
Chief Master Sergeant Feb. 23, 2013
(Current as of July 2021)