|COLONEL JAMES C. FOGLE|
COLONEL JAMES C. FOGLE
Colonel Jim Fogle is the 140th Operations Group Commander for the 140th Wing, Colorado Air National Guard, Buckley Air Force Base, Aurora, Colorado. He provides command, leadership, and direction to over 100 military and civilian personnel at three geographically separated units; the 120th Fighter Squadron, the 200th Airlift Squadron and the 140th Operation Support Squadron. Col Fogle directs the aviation actions and is responsible for all phases of training and equipping combat F-16 forces, VIP airlift, and maintaining the Buckley Airfield and Airburst Range complex, a military range complex spanning more than 5,000 acres.
Colonel Fogle received his regular commission in 1986 after graduating from the United States Air Force Academy. He has served in numerous assignments in flying and operations, as well as command positions at the squadron and wing level. His assignments have included evaluation pilot, instructor pilot, flight commander, wing and squadron weapons and tactics officer, wing advanced programs manager, assistant director of operations, chief of safety, director of operations and squadron commander of the 120th Fighter Squadron. He is the 1998 recipient of the Lieutenant General Claire Lee Chennault Award as the outstanding aerial warfare tactician in the Air Force. Lieutenant Colonel Fogle joined the Colorado Air National Guard in May 2000 as an active guard reserve member. He is a command pilot with 4150 flight hours, to include over 3900 hours in the F-16, and 400 combat hours flying in Operations Northern Watch, Southern Watch, and Iraqi Freedom.
1986 Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado
1993 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1993 Fighter Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2002 USAF Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 USAF Air War College, by correspondence
1. September 1986 - October 1987, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. November 1987 - January 1988, student, Fighter Lead-in Training, Holloman AFB, N.M.
3. February 1988 - August 1988, student, F-16 Fighter Training, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. October 1988 - June 1991, F-16 pilot, 313th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Hahn AB, Germany
5. June 1991 - July 1993, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Weapons Officer, 70th Fighter Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
6. January 1994 - December 1995, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, Weapons Officer, 36th Fighter Squadron, Osan AB, Korea
7. January 1996 - December 1998, F-16 Evaluation Pilot, Instructor Pilot, Advanced Programs Manager, Wing Weapons officer, Flight Commander, 23rd Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
8. December 1998 - May 2000, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Assistant Director of Operations, Weapons Officer, 34th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah.
9. May 2000 - October 2006, Director of Operations, 120th Fighter Squadron, Colorado Air National Guard, Aurora, Colo.
10. October 2006- May 2008, Commander, 120th Fighter Squadron, Colorado Air National Guard, Aurora, Colo.
11. May 2008 - May 2010, Chief of Plans, 140th Wing, Colorado Air National Guard, Aurora, Colo.
12. June 2010 - Present, Commander, 140th Operations Group, Colorado Air National Guard, Aurora, Colo.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: 4100 (400 Combat)
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, AT-38, F-16A/B/C/D
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with one bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon with five oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with one 'M' device
Air Force Training Ribbon
Colorado Active Service Medal
Colorado State Emergency Ribbon
Colorado Foreign Deployment Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant 28 May 1986
First Lieutenant 28 May 1988
Captain 28 May 1990
Major 01 Sep 1997
Lieutenant Colonel 20 May 2003
Colonel 06 Jun 2010
Current as of June 2010